Enrollment and Registration at Ballet Society
- Placement: A free placement class is offered to insure that students are properly assessed by ability and experience, with the final decision being determined at the discretion of the school director/teachers.
- Enrollment: Class enrollment is on a first-come, first-served basis. Receipt of a completed registration packet (including registration form, medical release, tuition, and registration fees) is required to enroll in classes. Many of our classes reach their limit quickly. You will be informed by phone if your class choice is unavailable.
- Registration Fees: Applicable to all students and due with the first tuition payment is a non-refundable Annual Registration Fee of $25/student or $40/Family. There is no registration fee for summer programs.
- Performance fees: If paid by October 30: $50/dancer, $85/family of two, $120/family of 3+. After October 30, fees are $60, $100, $140, respectively. There is an additional $25 fee for students performing in more than one end-of-the-year production.
- Due Dates: Tuition is due the first week of every month August through April and at the time of registration for summer programs
- Tuition: Calculated for a 40-week school year, tuition is divided into nine equal payments August through April, with classes continuing through June 8, 2013. Payments cover 40 weeks of actual class time. All designated holiday breaks are factored into the payment schedule. Classes that fall on Labor Day and Memorial Day may be made up at alternative times at your convenience. Tuition is not adjusted for inclement weather or student absences. There are no credits given or carried over to the next month for unattended classes. However, make up classes are available.
- Sibling Discount: Families with more than one dancer enrolled pay full tuition for the dancer with the higher tuition. Each additional family member receives a 10% discount on their tuition.
- Withdrawals: Enrollment at Ballet Society of Colorado Springs is for a school-year program (40 weeks). Ballet Society must be notified of withdrawal in writing as the school maintains a waiting list for many classes. If we are not notified of your dancer's withdrawal, you will be responsible for tuition payments whether your child attends class or not.
- Refunds: Tuition is non-refundable once classes have begun. If you withdraw before the first class, you will receive a full refund of tuition. Exceptions due to prolonged illness or injury are considered.
- Financial Assistance: To be considered for financial aid, inquire at the front desk.
The 2012-2013 Registration Form and Policy Forms are available for download. Complete all applicable areas and the school registrar will calculate your tuition.